Author: Dr. Dan Reeves
Published: ©2014 – Fourth Edition
Total Pages: Eighty (80) pages with Index
Download File Size: 460KB
Availability: The book can be downloaded or ordered in paperback.
Download File System Requirements: Adobe Reader 9.0 or newer.
About the Author: Dr. Dan Reeves has been consulting with Fortune 500 Companies for over three decades specifically in the human resource arena of the issues related to independent contractors versus employee status. While the employee-employer relationship and taxation environment has and will continue to change, Dr. Reeves has helped hundreds of companies to avoid the confusion and the expensive penalties of misclassifying employees as “independent contractors”. Currently making his home in Scottsdale, Arizona, Dr. Reeves continues to consult with large and small companies alike to help the management of these companies navigate the tangled web of federal and state rules and regulations.
Some of the Features of this Book:
- How to work as an independent contractor.
- How to hire independent contractors.
- IRS rules and regulations with expert advice on how to comply.
- Potential IRS Actions and how to preserve your independent contractor status.
- The Pros and Cons of being or hiring an independent contractor.
- How to determine the pricing of your services as an independent contractor.
- How to collect and ensure payment for your independent contractor services.
- How to determine and pay estimated IRS taxes as an independent contractor.
- Case Studies are provided.
- A comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions pertaining to hiring independent contractors.
- The required documentation you will need when you hire independent contractors.
- Links to IRS resources to help you understand the law and comply.
- Links to IRS and Department of Labor forms that you need.
- Sample independent contractor agreements that you can use whether you are the independent contractor or when you hire independent contractors.
- Links to online independent contractor agreements.
- A complete list of all US state government websites.
Promotional Details: This book was written by Dr. Reeves to give any potential small employer or anyone starting a business that will be utilizing the independent contractor status as a way to operate their business the ability to understand and comply with the rules and regulations that govern the independent contractor classification.
Download Information: When you purchase your copy of the Human Resources: Independent Contractors, you can immediately download the book to your computer for immediate access. The file will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader as a PDF file. Simply open the file, save it to your computer.
“This book answered my questions about using IC in my contracting business. Thanks.” P. Menifee, Eugene, OR
“After purchasing the beauty salon book, I bought this book to use with my IC hair cutting stations. Great information.” B. Zielke, Butler, WI
“Good information to anyone using independent contractors for any type of work.” D. Small, Hamilton, OH